David is an out-of-the-box thinker, gifted communicator, marketing strategist, copywriter, publisher and coach.
In addition to his role with The Savage Group he is President of HigherLife Publishing and Marketing, Inc. Providing professionals, business owners, authors and non-profit organizations with creative and compelling marketing and brand strategies that lead to more profitable connections. Through his work with The Savage Group, David is committed to bringing to the culture innovative strategies and resources built on positive, life-changing messages.
David has served in the publishing and marketing world for more than 30 years and has vast experience in; direct response marketing, magazine publishing, book publishing, curriculum and digital resource development and organizational development.
He has acquired and worked with multiple New York Times bestselling authors. His experience includes work in traditional, collaborative and self-publishing models. He does “Contagious Brand Strategy” engagements for both corporations and not-for-profit ministries.
David also heads a 501C3 non-profit ministry called Next Generation Institute where he provides parent coaching and leads seminars for today’s overworked and overwhelmed moms and dads looking to raise children to live with significance purpose and joy.
He helped chart the growth of multiple nationwide periodicals, overseeing the growth of one national monthly from 40,000 distribution to a quarter million in paid circulation. He is a former president of the Florida Magazine Association and has served as publisher and vice-president of product development for a multi-media company where he took their book publishing division from about 15 titles per year to over 112 titles per year.
Dave does seminars and intensives in the areas of publishing, parenting, marketing, brand strategy, specialty sales, business development, non-profit donor development, children’s ministry and Christian education. In addition to running HigherLife, he pioneered the start-up of a curriculum company, is a published author, hosted national conferences, launched a non-profit organization and consulted with multiple international organizations.
Clients he has served include: Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, New Tribes Mission, Voice of the Martyrs, Assist Network International, The Climb, World Compassion, Change This World, David C. Cooke, Gospel Light, Charisma Media, BOSS the Movement, Kingdom Global, Lionshare, Texas Health Resources and many others. David is a member of the Christian Chamber of Commerce, Christian Small Publishers Association and serves on the board of multiple charitable, non-profit organizations.
David lives in Oviedo Florida, has been married to his lovely wife Amy for more than 37 years. He and his wife have three grown sons, David, Darren and Jason.
- Brand strategist
- Communications and content creator
- Publisher and publishing consultant
- Marketing and audience builder
- Donor development leader
- Leadership and creative coach
- Develop and strengthen your brand
- Create compelling copy platforms
- Identify new sources of revenue
- Create content marketing strategies
- Increase your audience awareness and connections
- President HigherLife Publishing and Marketing
- President Welday Consulting and Coaching
- Founder/Executive Director Next Generation Institute
- Director of Marketing Christian Life Missions
- Writer and Speaker
- Board Member Christian Life Missions/Young Life NEO
- Shaping Your Family Story – How imperfect parents create hope and promise for their children (book)
- Dare to Be a Daniel (Tween youth curriculum)
- How to Market Your book (book)
- Get Your Book Published! (book)
- The Guide to Effectively Training Children (book)
- How To Create a Contagious Brand (book)